Wednesday, October 30, 2013


The Graffiti of Media Or The Vast Wasteland On The Developing Mindscapes of Children in The South Bronx Dreaming Of Going Where No One Has Ever Gone Before

 
Chapter One: It was a dark and stormy night.

 


Somewhere in the past, a Puerto Rican Vietnam veteran is shooting up Heroin made world famous in a song by Lou Reed. The ex-solder nods off in an abandoned building while a Puerto Rican WWII veteran looks out his window to a view of our town that takes him back to the ruins of Europe. From AM radio Frank Sinatra sings some people get their kicks from stomping on a dream. That’s life under the SS short for Savage Skulls, a Puerto Rican gang that roamed with Doberman Pinchers on streets spotted like leopards. Once upon a time, I carried Anne Frank in my arms in the falling shadows of bullies and burnt buildings. This is my journal. This is home near The Bronx Zoo.

 

 Hi.

 

I’m the hero of the story influenced by Captain America, other comic books and the fortress of solitude called The Hunt’s Point Public Library. I’m a ten-year old who is going to change the world one day. Somewhere in the future, I would be given a homework assignment at NYU to create a tour book to draw people around the world to our town.  I was poor but wealthy with imagination like other special kids. I’m the Ritchie Rich of The South Bronx of America.  And I did My Way on Win98, a heap of junk to others but to me a work of genius that helps me draw what I was vaguely dreaming of creating. I died and went to Google Heaven. Now I’m wide-awake in cyberspace. Fairy tales can come true if you’re young at heart, sang Old Blue Eyes

 

What have you done lately?

 







 


Akira transformed me when I was a teenager.

This is my homage to Japanese Anime.

 

Arigato

No comments:

Post a Comment